Outdoor Electrical Safety Tips
- Before starting outdoor projects, call Miss Dig at 1-800-482-7171 to locate buried electrical lines, or call TEC at 1-800-327-0166 before pruning, trimming or cutting down trees that are near overhead electrical lines.
- Never build a swimming pool or other structure under a power line.
- Always keep ladders and antennas from overhead power lines. If you are installing an antenna, make sure there is plenty of space between it and overhead power lines - at least twice the length of the antenna so if it falls it will clear the overhead power lines.
- Watch overhead when boating. Masts, fishing poles, or tall radio antennae could contact overhead wires.
- When sky diving, ballooning, paragliding, hang-gliding or flying model airplanes - you should check first for transmission lines and overhead power lines.