What You Should Know About Electrical Safety
- Don't climb electric poles.
- You should play and fly kites in an open field -- never near overhead lines.
- Electrical outlets are for electric plugs only.
- Metallic balloons and model airplanes can cause dangerous power outages. Keep them away from power lines.
- Stay away from substation fences or electrical equipment.
- Don't break insulators or electrical equipment.
- Water and electricity don't mix. Don't become a conductor.
- Climb trees only where there are no electrical wires.