Organization: Thumb Electric Cooperative
Location: Ubly, MI
Resumes must be received by January 26, 2018 and can be mailed to Thumb Electric Cooperative, Attn: Resumes, 2231 Main Street, Ubly, MI 48475 or emailed to email@example.com.
The Billing Representative is responsible for the initial contact with membership ensuring their questions and concerns are met, and providing other related services to both members and employees.
· Leads several functions related to billing such as collections and billing revisions, inquiries, and complaints.
· Receives, verifies, and posts receivable payments according to established standardized procedures.
· Maintains records and files pertaining to payables, receivables, and customer information.
· Supports outside employees by providing and dispatching information.
· Assists with general clerical duties such as database and file maintenance.
· Answers the telephone and responds to member inquiries and supports member services.
· Responds in a timely manner to billing issues and member questions.
· Prepares and sorts incoming and outgoing mail and other organizational correspondence as directed.
· Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· The position requires knowledge normally acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, accounting, marketing, or a related area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· A minimum of two (2) of experience in customer service and/or billing.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
· Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and database computer software applications.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels within the organization and with customers directly.
· Analytic and problem-solving skills.
· Mathematical skills and ability to work with multiple variables.
· High level of integrity, maturity, and the ability to maintain confidentiality of business information.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents, policy and procedure manuals and technical procedures.
· Ability to apply accounting principles and perform required billing services.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle stressful situations.
· IT knowledge/experience a plus.